Thursday 29 January 2015

My first approach with open-source: TFSThemeUploader

To be fair, I’ve never been involved in open-source very much. I mean, personally. Moreover, I have always been quite shy of my stuff, as nowadays I mostly write scripts and no longer full-fledged production applications.

But anyway I decided to give it a go. So please, do not shoot the pianist, alright? :)

TFSThemeUploader is a simple PowerShell script aimed at automating the scenario described in this MSDN article. I’ve always thought it is quite tedious to manually complete, as it requires a bit of fiddling around XML and command-line tools. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, but when you need to perform the same actions for more than one or two projects it isn’t very…compelling – hence the script.

I might expand it actually, to make it a bit more user-friendly and to expand the possible scenarios, I have a couple of ideas. But for the meantime, it is a good start I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment